The Duck Commander knows a happy hunter is a safe one. We recommend you abide by and follow the National Shooting Sports Federation's (NSSF) 10 rules of safe gun handling before you go afield.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don’t rely on your gun’s “safety.”
- Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it.
- Use correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don’t alter or modify your gun, and have guns serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
More from the NSSF
Download the NSSF brochure on gun safety (PDF 621 KB).